RE: TD camshaft

To: yd3@nvc.net, tr6@pipeline.com
Subject: RE: TD camshaft
From: "Ray McCrary" <turbine44@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 10:00:23 CDT
Did all of you get the last Sacred Octagon? Did you read the article
purporting to name the best MG's?
I got a real laugh out of the author's dismissal of the MGA and MGB as
non-starters.  As much as I love the T type, the MGA was the machine that
kept MG in business, as well as the car that brought it into the modern
world. The B was a rather phenomenal car, too, if just for its longevity of
production.
The new F was dismissed without even a comment.  I drove one of the VVC
MG-F's on the last trip to England, and I WISH they would import them.  They
are really wonderful cars, much in the vein of the early cars in the sense
that they are relatively affordable, fast and nimble, and produce more
"smiles per mile" then does the competition.
What's up with the us-against-them mentality? MG has been the marque of
hospitality and friendliness every where that I have ever traveled, and I
just think that this sort of article should be consigned to the bottom of
the birdcage.
I say "Drive Those MG's!" no matter what age the car or you!!
Best,