Re: TD Transmission Replacement

To: simbafish@home.com, owner-mg-t@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Transmission Replacement
From: CFritz7001@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 18:35:22 EDT
Skyhook Engineering (Steve Neal) does not have e-mail.  Contact him at:
(207) 729-4419
Mail at:
1024 Mere Pt. Road
Brunswick, ME 04011

Steve seems like a very nice guy, and his printed material is very complete
in its descriprtion of what he offers, which sounds to be very complete;
everything one needs to install one of his Datsun 5-speed trannys into a TD.
BTW, 5th gear is an overdrive ratio of about 20%, which should be very nice.
When I talked to him this past winter, he told me that something like 50 of
his kits had been installed by TD owners, and that he now has a similar kit
for TCs.  Both TC and TD kits cost about $2,200, with the TC kit somewhat
higher.
    Hope this helps,
Regards,
Carl Fritz