Breather Hole?

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Breather Hole?
From: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2000 01:22:00 GMT
All,

I'm doing a lube job on my '52 and have run into a problem...  In Knudson's
"T-type Restoration Handbook" he states that on the top left side of the
rear-end there's a breather, (or pressure) hole that he always runs a coat
hanger through to make sure it's clear else the gear oil will blow through
the axle seals when it heats up, due to pressure I presume.

In any event, I can't find the hole on my TD's rear end, nor can I find a
reference to it in either the TD Operator's or Shop manuals.  I'm hoping
that Knudson's reference is an oversight on his part as he doesn't say if
he's talking about a TC, TD or TF.  However if it's not can someone out
there put me on to where to look for the hole on the TD?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen