Re: Conclusion: TD Transmission Problems

To: "Scott Allen" <s4usea@hotmail.com>, <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conclusion: TD Transmission Problems
From: "Bob and Carolyn Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 07:53:17 -0400
Hi All, I sent a box of four Alfin type brake drums to California and UPS
lost them. Then we had a big fight as to "declared insured value" as the
UPS driver filled in the form and left the box blank. The Customs Value box
was filled in properly with the value of the shipment. UPS said I did not
have insurance and they debited my Mastercard for about $11.00 LESS than
the shipping charges amount on the waybill because of the no insurance.
After refusing to accept their $100.00 insurance settlement for weeks, even
though they issued the cheque, I finally found someone at UPS that was
prepared to actually look into my problem.
Make a long story short, she found the brake drums in Salt Lake City after
I sent her pictures and a detailed description of the drums. The drums have
been returned to me in good order in the original box with no shipping
label attached.
UPS and I are still sorting out who owes what to whom as a result of the
return charges etc.

I found out several things on this deal:
!- ALWAYS put a copy of the invoice with your name and address INSIDE the
box. UPS say you really don't need insurance if this is done ( except for
damaged goods ).
2-Don't accept their settlement offer easily ( unless its fair ).
3-Keep copies of all paperwork and ensure it is properly filled out.
4-Don't give up on them finding your lost shipment. They can find it IF
THEY TRY.

Good luck, Bob.

ps: I have several TD/TF gearboxes for sale if you need one.