RE: No Oil Pressure

To: Scott Allen <s4usea@hotmail.com>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: No Oil Pressure
From: Lewis Palmer <lpalmer@vanstar.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 18:34:13 -0700
It sounds like you did all the right things. The fact that you primed the
pump, and that you are getting SOME oil pressure leads me to one conclusion:
Often when the gauge has also been  rebuilt, or the gauge has been left
disconnected, air will get up into the capillary tube between the take-off
from the engine and the gauge. This can easily result in a very low reading
on the gauge.

To cure: disconnect the capillary tube from the back of the oil pressure
gauge and run the engine until you get a steady flow of oil. Then reconnect
the line to the gauge.

Let us know how things turn out.

Regards,
Lew Palmer