Re: Right size tires for TD and TF

To: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Right size tires for TD and TF
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 20:52:47 -0700
David, thanks for the catch. Too much data overloaded the mainframe
(brain). Anyway, I knew a guy who raced TD's in the 50's & 60's. He said
to get the least sticky radial tire for a TD/TF. Lets the tire and
suspension work the best together. I measured a 5.60 x 15 against a
165R15, and the diameters were very close. Pirelli P3 or Michelin X
(Made in France preferred) are the best choices, although they do not
come with a white stripe. 155R15 is too small. Would like to see the
185/65/15 tires on a TD. Macho MG.