Re: TD/TF Distributor

To: BJCJ1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TD/TF Distributor
From: John Seim <kingseim@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 17:22:15 -0800
BJCJ1@aol.com wrote:

> Jerry, if they raised the degree advance to 15 degrees, then would it be
> better to stick with the new distributor, or should I try to stick with the
> original one that was with the eingine when it was built.  Not really sure I
> understand the benefit of advancing the degrees from 11-12 to 14-16.
The TD distributor had a shaft and action plate with a maximum advance
of 15 degrees (30 degrees at the crankshaft). An optional shaft and
action plate of 17 degrees (34 degrees at the crankshaft) was available.
The TF 1500 distributor's shaft and action plate reduced the mechanical
advance to 12 degrees (24 degrees atthe crankshaft). It would be best to
look at the shaft and action plate in your distributor, and see if it is
stamped 12, 15, or 17. With the fuels today, the more advance would be
most beneficial.
John Seim