TD/TF Distributor

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD/TF Distributor
From: BJCJ1@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:14:59 EST
Does anyone know the difference between the Lucas Distributor #40367a and
#40368?  I have a 55TF, but if I go by the chassis number, it is actually a
53TF.  My TF has a 1250 engine...according to the Lucas parts catalog, I
should be using the 40367A distributor, which was on my engine.  Can I change
to the 40368 distributor?

When I look up the difference between the two distributors, the Lucas book
refers to the follwoing:

40367 has an E.C.M curve No of 364, with 11-13 degrees
40368 has an E.C.M curve No of 279, with 14-16 degrees

all the other references appear to be the same with the two. But I believe the
40368 was used for the TD MKII.