New to the list

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: New to the list
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 20:44:38 -0500
Hello all,

I just found out about the list and I'm an MGTF owner so here I am!

I have a '54 MGTF 1250 (sorry, don't have the sn at hand.) Also have two
TR3's ('58 & '59), a '64 Jag E-type, and a '74 Jensen-Healey. Obviously a
British car nut. I've owned the TF for about 25 years. It's yellow with
green interior, right hand drive. Bought it from a lady in NY when she and
her daughter had driven it almost to death and spun a rod bearing.

I'm getting ready to drive her after a couple of years of sitting up and
decided to check the brakes first. Now the first question, the front drums
are reluctant to come off. Is the bearing pressed on or are mine just
stuck? Either way I'll probably need a wheel puller.

Does anyone have experience with updating to front disc brakes on their T
series? This has probably been discussed a lot before so forgive me for
asking again.

And last question. Are there any T owners in the Raleigh NC area? Always
looking for a chance to get together for tech session/beer sampling/lying
about British cars, etc.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC