Re: XPAG Distributor

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: XPAG Distributor
From: DGeis@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 19:43:28 EST
Dang you guys!  I had to go and look at my distributor to see if it was the
right color.  No paint, thank God.  But I couldn't let well enough alone.  I
looked in my old copy of The T Series Handbook to see if it said anything
about the distributor color.  If it did, I couldn't find it.  Then I made the
big mistake.  I looked at the generator.  It was black as it should be.
Here's the bad part at last.  I checked the numbers and found that it is
apparently not the original generator.  The Manual says it should be Model No.
C39PV2, Service No. 22265B.  Unfortunately mine reads as follows:
                                            L  U  C  A  S
                                        22721A   11   61
                                        C40 DA 53    12V

Bob Grunau, or anyone:  Do you know what this generator is from?  It seems
identical to the proper one in outward appearance and internal parts., and it
seems to do the job.  Judging from the numbers I would guess it is a later
model.  Replacement for C39?  TF?  Other Brit?  Is the 53 indicative of the
year of manufacture?

Thanks for any help.  Dave Geissinger