lotus-cars

Was: Hello, the list! Now: Building a Lotus

To: lotus-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Was: Hello, the list! Now: Building a Lotus
From: Dave Grandeffo <davegran@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 19:38:50 -0500
shiples@comcast.net wrote:

> Looks like the shop is done, or should be done soon. Have you
> researched the LoCost scene?  Sounds like the Eleven is very
> similar to some of the thinking that is being done by those who
> are moving on beyond the LoCost.  Cars are getting built and
> completed.
>
> I got started in this hobby with a Westfield 7.  The Westfield
> Eleven used the same BMC running gear with a fiberglass body.

I guess building a shop is like building a car; 90% done and 90% to
go.... I finished installing one of my hoists today and cleared out a
bunch of construction materials, but it still seems like everywhere I
look there's something to do.

I'm a member of a few different Locost lists, I've got the book, and
also another one on building the Tiger Avon. I'm also a member of a
Spridget list to help locate possible running gear, although I may not
go in that direction.

Westfield still has the molds for their Eleven (although they're getting
a little tatty) and will still make bodies.
--
Dave Grandeffo
http://kettlemorainemotorsports.com