healeys

Anti-sway bar mounting final solution

To: "Healey Mail Group" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Anti-sway bar mounting final solution
From: "Healey Bruce" <healeybruce@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 21:08:08 -0800
Thanks to those who shared their opinions and experiences on the stripped
captive nut on my anti-sway bar mount.  After carefully weighing the cost of
the helicoil kit ($45) versus a 3 inch 5/16 24 bolt ($1.45 with ny-lock nut
and washers), the 3 inch bolt won.  Sorry to say, but cutting out and
welding in a new bottom piece was an easy rule-out; I didn't even want to
think about the cost of that.  I guess this is one advantage of not having a
concours car . . .  So please, if you see me at a show, don't point out a
bolt sticking through my right frame way up in front to the judges ;-)

Bruce Steele
1960 BN7
Brea, CA