healeys

Rear brake cylinder question

To: "'Healeys' \(E-mail\)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear brake cylinder question
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 09:46:01 -0400
I am switching over to silicone brake fluid, and all brake system components
have been rebuilt or replaced, with the exception of the rear brake cylinders.
I thought about disassembly, flush and rebuild, but the pistons will not come
out with the amount of persuasion I have applied so far.
Any recommendations on how to get the pistons out - without hurting myself ?
Can I flush the cylinders adequately without removing the pistons?
Should I continue on this path, or forget about it and just purchase new
cylinders?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Dave M.