healeys

Gauges Revisted

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gauges Revisted
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 11:56:01 -0500
I have a need to save some of my restoration moneys for other areas of the car
and would like to know what the list thinks about just doing a  gauge "clean
up".  I would like to save the $100.00 per gauge restoration charge  if
possible.

I have no problem with taking the gauges apart, but would like to hear some
input on the  "do's and don'ts"  that some of you may have experienced.

Such as:

- cleaning and lubing gears and bushings

- cleaning the faces

- how far to go on disassembling the different gauges?( I don't think I will
be attempting to remove any of the needles at this time)

- are all the rubber "O" rings available now?

Thanks all wise and knowing Listmeisters,    Mark