healeys

Re: Shift Lever Boot

To: Austin-Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shift Lever Boot
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 09:42:41 -0500
Ned Smith wrote:

>In the picture of the cockpit of the black BJ8 in the auction in Reid's
>blog, I see that the shift lever boot has been installed in the "up"
>orientation. I have seen other BJ8s with it installed "down". Which is
>correct?

If memory serves, it's not so much an installation issue as a style
issue, that is, it can be positioned either "up" or "down" without being
removed and turned over.  I remember pushing/rolling mine down one day,
but didn't like the look because the shifter was visually so long.

In the showroom I seem to recall they were mostly up.
--
John Miller