Re: Range Check error?

To: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>, The MacLeods
Subject: Re: Range Check error?
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:15:21 -0400
At 11:30 AM 6/8/2004, Byron Short wrote:

>The symptom that you got 5 starts out of 3 runs (assuming that wasn't
>normal with your previous setup) is also an indicator that something is
>different.  I would try a recalibration, and see what happens.  Also, when
>I recalibrate, I like to do about 2 or 3 of them, and write down the
>string each time.  What I'm looking for is to see if the string moves
>around much, or if it is stable.  It makes sure that I'm doing things the
>same way AND that the cube is doing things the same way.
>Note that a difference of 8-10 points on each direction is less than .01g,
>and pretty insignificant.  Do 2 or 3 calibrations until you are satisfied
>that your numbers are not jumping around any.
>
>Let us know!
>
>--Byron

Larry,

After you recal, you might do a few "desktop" runs also and then download
them and see if the problem is fixed. If you really want to be precise
right down a sequence of 1 g turns, stops, and turns and see if you get
repeatable results. 1 g is having the cube in the various cal positions.

Dick