Re: Map for highlighting (lack of) Aggressiveness

To: bob1 <bob1@sns-access.com>
Subject: Re: Map for highlighting (lack of) Aggressiveness
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 17:49:11 -0700
Wow, this is a good geeky question!

Your approach is sound.  You set the basic color, the "Foreground" color
to Red, then eliminate the areas that really aren't problems by making
them appear in gray.  Clever!

However, I'm going to modify your strategy a little, and in the process
let everyone know the new methods used to calculate Aggressiveness,
which were changed this past winter, and have not yet been updated in
the help pages.

Okay, first let's start by seeing what all is included in
"Aggressiveness".  First and foremost, Aggressiveness is now only
measured when left and right g's are below 73% or their maximums.  This
change gave us more room from which to compute our aggressiveness
readings.

Next, aggressiveness is the highest of the transition rate percent, or
the accel percent, or the braking percent during these times that we are
within 73% of the center.

Okay, then let's set this up to show us not only when we are being
scored for aggressiveness, but also two different colors to signify our
aggressiveness as below 70% in red, from 70-89% in purple and above
90% in blue.  Keep in mind, these will be raw, unadjusted aggressiveness
figures we are color coding, so you might see more red and purple than
you expect.  But that's okay, because those are the spots you want to be
working on.

Okay, here's the settings.  Make sure you have them in this order:

Background = black
Foreground = red
Text = doesn't matter much, white is nice.

Trans G/s ABOVE 70 % = Purple
Accel G's ABOVE 70 % = Purple
Decel G's ABOVE 70 % = Purple
Trans G/s ABOVE 90 % = Blue
Accel G's ABOVE 90 % = Blue
Decel G's ABOVE 90 % = Blue
Left G's  ABOVE 73 % = Gray
Right G's ABOVE 73 % = Gray

This will produce a map that is mostly gray, however in the spots where
Aggressiveness is being measured, the map will be either Red, Purple or
Blue.  The Blue spots are where Aggressiveness is over 90%.  The purple
spots are when aggressiveness is between 70% and 89%.  And the red spots
are when aggressiveness is under 70%.

You might want to save this color scheme as a new color scheme.  I chose
the name "Aggrsive.GMC", and put it on my drive.

I found this to really be a neat way to look at those troubling
aggressiveness ratings, and figure out how to improve them.  In fact,
since this is one of my biggest problems, too, I expect to get a lot of
good use out of this one..

Neat tool, and a great questions Bob!

--Byron