Re: recalibrate, distance, launch

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: recalibrate, distance, launch
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 21:26:58 EDT
--part1_10676048.24fc8962_boundary

msirota@isc.upenn.edu writes:

 Question: Why is it necessary to calibrate more than once?  Should I be
 doing this regularly?  Why wasn't my original calibration just fine?

I believe battery strength affects calibration; the 9 volt battery is the
GEEZ cube signal booster if you use the PP to record data.

Also regarding earlier comments from others:

There is a distance function in the Gauges display.  You can see distance
from start=0 ft. onward.  However, IMO GEEZ is not intended to get into
specific corner -to-corner time/distance analysis; it simply is not exacting
enough.  Instead, it serves better as a trend indicator, and a very powerful
one at that.

Finally, I must respectfully disagree with some of the comments made by B.
Short regarding launching from a dead start.  The flywheel is the driver's
best friend in this situation.  What the driver does with the right foot on
the throttle as the left foot releases the clutch is extremely important.
This was not addressed fully in the article.  With all the stock RWD vehicles
on R tires I've owned I have found that the left foot becomes unimportant
because with the proper right foot manipulation (or lack thereof) the clutch
can be essentially sidestepped without excessive engine bog or wheelspin.
The trick is to use stored flywheel energy to get the vehicle moving and then
bring in the throttle as it dissipates; all in the span of a tenth or two.

M Sipe

--part1_10676048.24fc8962_boundary

-2,27
-2,52