fot

Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Lodging

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Watkins Glen Lodging
From: Bill Tobin via Fot <fot@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2021 12:39:46 -0400

--------------B155CE6112E65EF09267E170

Hi All, for me the best place is the Glen Motor Inn, north of town a
couple miles. They are open through October; I just talked with them.

It may not be in its former glory, but loads of tradition and
atmosphere. Good food.

Full disclosure: I've known Vic, the owner, since 1970. Used to race a
Can Am car; still has it.

He has some great stories. Ask him about the '63 and '64 USGP and two
guys named Clark and Chapman. Or some guy maned Garner. Wonderful
stories and he is not known for making stuff up. He was there and has
all the memories. And photos.

Cheers, Bill

PS: I know the shortcut to the track.

On 8/4/2021 10:24 PM, Finishing Touch via Fot wrote:
> This will be my first race at Watkins Glen and will be accompanied by
> my wife, Helen. We will need lodging (Oct. 14-17) and are not looking
> for something high end or fancy, just clean and safe and preferably
> within 20 minutes (or so) of the track. Any recommendations, or places
> to avoid would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike Kurtz
> 1970 Triumph TR6

--------------B155CE6112E65EF09267E170

  <head>
  </head>
      town a couple miles. They are open through October; I just talked
      with them.<br>
      atmosphere. Good food.</p>
      race a Can Am car; still has it.</p>
      two guys named Clark and Chapman. Or some guy maned Garner.
      Wonderful stories and he is not known for making stuff up. He was
      there and has all the memories. And photos.</p>
      via Fot wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:536d8e25-1de0-4043-854e-0e42fea3dcf5@ptd.net">
        Glen and will be accompanied by my wife, Helen. We will need
        lodging (Oct. 14-17) and are not looking for something high end
        or fancy, just clean and safe and preferably within 20 minutes
        (or so) of the track. Any recommendations, or places to avoid
        would be appreciated. <br>
        Thanks,<br>
        Mike Kurtz<br>
        1970 Triumph TR6 <br>