fot

Re: [Fot] Floor pans

To: Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Floor pans
From: deweerdm@rogers.com
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 11:37:46 -0400
Cc: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Thanks for the great info Glenn
Robert I hope you are talking about getting back on track at RA by welding up
the frame in the paddock and not my turn 14 excursion .....which was very cool
too.....not sure who at RA I should bill for putting those 2 corn furrows in
...lol

Sent from my iPhone

On 2013-10-04, at 9:13 AM, Glenn Franco <gaf3@charter.net> wrote:

> I contacted the owner of this company directly last year. They are a local
company near Detroit, Mi
> The floor pans are soft tooled (Big 3 engineering term for temp tools).
> The floor pans are not comparable to the British Motor Heritage floor pans
available from the British Parts Suppliers.
> If you have the body off, I would not recommend these as they do not have
the ~3" downstanding flange that connects to the lower rocker.
> There are also no holes or weld nuts for the tunnel.
> I would consider this a patch panel to drop in rather than a factory repair
part.
> FYI
> Glenn
>

> On 10/4/2013 8:25 AM, Robert M. Lang wrote:
>> The URL for this company is:
>>
>> c2cfabrication.com
>>
>> I have no direct experience with them (that I know of).
>>
>> Part of me wonders if they picked up the tooling from one of the body panel
fabricators from "back in the day". The names escape me, but I used to have a
couple of catalogs back in the 80's from at least a couple of companies that
made panels and partial panels for pretty much everything.

>> In any case, the web site looks promising.
>>
>> Regards,
>> rml
>>
>> p.s. nice job getting your car BACK ON TRACK at ELVF! That was pretty kool
IMHO.
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/gaf3@charter.net