fot

distributor shaft bushing

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: distributor shaft bushing
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 11:34:56 +0000
I relate this story to hopefully save someone else some grief.

The brass bushing in the block through which the distributor drive shaft
goes is not available in the USA. Maybe not in the world, for all I
know.

Why is this important to you? Well, I know that there are a lot of scrap
blocks laying around in you guys' garages, so when it comes time to junk
them, it would be wise to keep this bushing. Same goes for the other
external plugs and their copper washers. All these parts are listed by
the big three but they don't have some of them and some vendors say they
have never stocked some of these parts although they are in their
catalogs.............

--

uncle jack

Like I said, "Life isn't long enough for me to do another ground-up
restoration". Well, thank goodness, it is.