fot

Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Eligibility Question for Vintage /Historical Question
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 11:07:46 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/00 10:22:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com writes:

<< So what  if they are a couple pounds lighter . speaking for just one old
fat guy, I  would
 > rather spend the bucks on extra brewskis for Saturday night, I wonder how
 > much difference a Coors makes in the weight ratio between glass and steel.
 >  As far as the flares go, i say that, if the car had them when it was in
 > its period correct mode, i think it is 1972 for svra, but not sure on
 > this, let the guy run. Lets keep the damn cost down  with all this trick
 > motor, trans and rear crap . >>

I don't believe that drinking several brewskis could begin matching the
weight of my 1972 flares made from cutting up old garbage cans, brazing on
the metal, and covering it with an inch of body putty.  I had to be careful
at the time to not breath too many fumes from the galvanized metal.