Re: [Roadsters] Looking at the bright side of the dark spots

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Looking at the bright side of the dark spots
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 19:04:33 -0800
Another possibilty - CLEAN everything - then monitor closely.FWIW

Peter Harrison
818 448 3181

> Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 17:16:33 -0800
> From: aultgc@att.net
> To: cccracing@gmail.com; datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Looking at the bright side of the dark spots
>
> Chris,
>
> Another couple of spots I have seen leak:  The head gasket at the joint
between the timing case, and the head gasket at the right rear  where the main
oil gallery goes from the block to the head.  Never was able to isolate this
one on my '69 U20.

> The timing case joint leak was a result of some idiot substituting machine
screws for the stud-and-nut combinations used by Nissan.  There isn't enough
thread engagement for machine screws, so the aluminum loses strength.

> Gary

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/aultgc@att.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/granvillecomputing@hot
mail.com