Re: [Roadsters] Gauges....

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Gauges....
From: <Ken.Smart@csiro.au>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 05:20:14 +0000
Accept-language: en-GB, en-AU, en-US
I'll jump in and say yes.
The rheostat is just a variable wire wound resister if there is a break or
gunk on the wire or wiper then the voltage drop will be high and the lights
dim. Shorting the wires bypasses the resistance and gives full voltage to the
lights this is as bright as they will ever be if they are still dull it's not
the rheostat.

Cheers,
Ken