[Roadsters] low oil pressure cut off (was elec fuel pump)

To: "datsun-roadsters: autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] low oil pressure cut off (was elec fuel pump)
From: Tim <tputland@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 08:40:07 -0400 (EDT)
I will eventually be switching to an electric fuel pump and have been
following this recent thread with interest.

With regards to the low oil pressure cut off switch mentioned by a
couple peopleb&b&.how sensitive are these units? I see (as does most
everyone else) the oil pressure on the stock gauge drop to near zero at
idle (yes, I realize the stock oil pressure gauge is inaccurate and
often unreliable). This makes wonder how low the actual pressure is and
would that be low enough to trigger the cut off to the electric fuel
pump.

Thoughts?

Thanks
tim