Re: [Roadsters] Datsun roadster brakes

To: Roadster E-Mail List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun roadster brakes
From: Tom Hendricksen <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Apr 2013 19:33:30 -0700
On an outing with Datsun's NW a few years ago I managed to get the
brakes hot enough on Mr. Hyde to stink going uphill.  The downhill run
was done in 2nd gear only using a lot of both gas and brakes on the
twisty road.  They really stunk at the bottom of the hill, but to my
surprise never faded.

If I wondered about their effectiveness before going up and down the
hill I was thrilled with the brakes after they cooled down.  They have
worked much better ever since.  I have manifolds to connect a single
brake line hose to a Volvo caliper, but don't know if I will ever use them.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Las Vegas
http://www.datsun2000.com