Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters Digest, Vol 4, Issue 353

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun-roadsters Digest, Vol 4, Issue 353
From: Mark Hatch <mhatch@ics.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:29:33 -0800
> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:14:55 -0800 (PST)
> From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
> To: Datsun Roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
> Subject: [Roadsters] Running after ignition switched off
>
> I am getting too old!  I had this happen (car keeps running after
ignition switch
> turned off) several years ago, and after replcing the switch (hint -
that was NOT
> the problem), I finally solved the problem and felt silly for not
finding the cause
> earlier.  Guess what - I cannot now remember what it was!!!
>
> I have a friend who is hving that same problem,and I told him, sure,
mine did
> that and it was .......(damn, I cannot now remember WHAT it was).
HELP AN
> OLD MAN>>>>>
>

> Mike Harper, CAI, AARE
> Harper Auction & Realty
> 843-729-4996
> "Experience Sells"
>
> www.AuctionMyRealEstate.NET

*****
[MJH>] I created this problem recently when I tried to reconnect my backup
lights on my '69. Turned off the key, withdrew the key and the engine
continued to run. Figured out that there must be some short (probably thru
the hazard light). Disconnected the backup harness bullet connections in
the engine compartment and it behaved again.

Mark