[Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] 1600 tuning issues
From: Graeme Suckling <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 21:29:20 +1030
Something I purchased recently on ebay are a set of four spark indicators.
They fit in series with the spark lead and the spark plug and glow every
time that cylinder gets a spark pulse.
You can use a timing light exactly the same way, albeit one cylinder at
a time to check for a fat healthy spark.
You can also connect a timing light to the centre post of the either the
coil or the distributor cap to check for spark integrity.
Unless your carb. bowls are draining causing a fuel starvation problem
at start up, I would advise checking spark.
Whatever you do, be methodical and new parts do go faulty so don't
ignore those in your diagnosis.
Good luck!

Regards,
Graeme Suckling