Re: [Roadsters] Nissan Skylines to be destroyed

To: Paul Kort <paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Nissan Skylines to be destroyed
From: Linda Jordan <ljordan704@netscape.net>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 18:02:06 -0700
Cc: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Sender: datsun-roadsters-bounces@autox.team.net
I was thinking that if you had a copy of the plate lettering at the correct
size you could print it on to a piece of clear vinyl sheet and then lay it
down on the shiny metal plate. Vinyl would need to be like those stickers they
put on your windsheild at oil change places.

Linda

Sent from my iPod

On May 27, 2012, at 5:49 PM, Paul Kort <paulsdatsunstuff@gmail.com> wrote:

>  The VIN tag on my roadster had several layers of over spray on it when I
> purchased the car.  I use a dab of solvent to try and clean it.  The next
> thing I know, I have a shiny metal tag.  No words, no letters, just the
> last part on the VIN that is stamped on the tag.  Am I in violation of that
> law?
>
> Nameless
> Ohio
>
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM, <Ken.Smart@csiro.au> wrote:
>
>> The article indicated that the VIN tags were with/near the car and all
>> numbers
>> matched.
>> Vin number is stamped on the body, firewall I think?
>> The owner rightly indicated that the tags are held on by plastic do-dads
>> not
>> rivets, they indicate level of trim, gear box configuration size of
engine,
>> etc.
>> Why he didn't put them back on is weird, he said the PO took them off/ or
>> the
>> came off and posted them to him after he had the cars. May have been for
>> painting or the do-dads go brittle with the heat.
>>
>> Senseless waste of time money and effort.
>>
>> Roadster content:
>> My car has not been crushed, but it is still waiting patiently in the
>> garage
>> for me to do a restoration.
>> She never complains, maybe that's the problem.
>>
>> Ken
>> 67.5 SR20
>> Syd OZ

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120527/GPG0101/205270497/The-Fl

at-Furious-De-Pere-man-s-illegal-cars-crushed?odyssey=tab|topnews|img|GPG-New
>> <

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120527/GPG0101/205270497/The-F

l%0Aat-Furious-De-Pere-man-s-illegal-cars-crushed?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cimg

%7CGPG-New<http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20120527/GPG0101/20527
0497/The-F%0Al%0Aat-Furious-De-Pere-man-s-illegal-cars-crushed?odyssey=tab%7C
topnews%7Cimg%0A%7CGPG-New>

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/paulsdatsunstuff@gmail
.com
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/datsun-roadsters/ljordan704@netscape.ne