[Roadsters] Installing U20 motor...

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Installing U20 motor...
From: The Ken Pearce <ken__pearce@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:35:29 -0700
I'm getting close to putting my U20 motor back in my 68 2000.  It's been so
long I can't remember if I can mount the starter, exhaust manifold, carbs &
intake manifold and oil pan while the engine is out or if I have to wait and
do some of those after the motor is back in the engine bay.  I seem to recall
positioning the exhaust manifold (unbolted) as the engine goes back in,
otherwise you can't get it into position after the engine is sitting on its
mounts.

I'll be installing the engine and tranny already bolted together as one
unit...

What say the experts?     (Oil pan?  Intake?  Exhaust?  Starter?)

Thanks!  Hope to be back on the road by the end of this week after being in
the shop for 5 years.

Ken
Bellingham, WA

datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net