[Roadsters] S.W.A.T.

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] S.W.A.T.
From: "Ken & Tammy Williams" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 10:07:05 -0500
Springtime Without A Tachometer

Hey folks,
I just broke the roadster out of her winter slumber.  As I was driving home,
the tach started creaking, and reading irregularly.  I got home and shut her
down, the tach is now stuck at 5k.  I removed the cable and the tach from the
dash.  The cable seems okay except for a little rash near the distributor end.
I put a little light oil in the cable opening of the tach and spun it and it
sounds healthier now, but is still stuck at 5k.
So, is it time for a new tach, or is there some way for me fix this?  I don't
see any simple way to dismantle the thing short of removing the glass etc.
Thanks,
Ken Williams
67 1600
Janesville, WI