Re: [Roadsters] Datsun 1600 Starting Issue

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Datsun 1600 Starting Issue
From: "Wes Jones" <dooger@wildblue.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 18:53:51 -0400
Assuming points style in the ignition system.  Remove dizzy cap.  Remove
coil wire from the center of the cap.  Make sure points are open...bump
engine until they are.  Hold the end of the coil wire near a good
ground...about 1/4 inch away.  Use a flat blade screwdriver to firmly
short across the points.  Remove screwdriver to break the connection.  You
ought to get a nice fat blue spark off the coil wire.  If not, check coil
and then line voltage to the coil. (Ought to be about 6 to 8 volts IIRC)
Still no joy, try a different coil wire.  If you do get the fat blue spark
clean the points good with an appropriate file.

Best, wes