Re: [Roadsters] Rescue Head

To: jim roosevelt <arbcbears@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Rescue Head
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 15:30:19 -0700
> I was at an estate sale this weekend and found a Nissan head...
> It has "Nissan Japan 210 " on the side...

>From <http://datsun510.wikia.com/wiki/Nissan_L_engine_cylinder_heads>:

===
"Semi Peanut

This is by far the least desirable of the three type of combustion chamber
designs. The semi-peanut combustion chamber is commonly found on 210
casting cylinder heads from US market L-16 engines. It has less quench
area than the true peanut chambered heads and less combustion chamber
volume (aprox. 38.5) than either of the other two designs."
===

It's on the web, it must be true :-)

However... another list member says it's desirable, so I dunno.....
Of the three listed styles, this head appears to be by far the
highest compression (open=45.2cc, peanut=41cc, semi-peanut=41cc).
And if it's been cut, then it's even higher...

On L engines, wasn't there something about round vs square exhaust ports?

-- John
Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $16.00