Re: [Roadsters] Adhesive recommendation

To: E Scanlon <escanlon@wa-net.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Adhesive recommendation
From: Eddie <eddietude@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:55:39 -0800
I'd disagree, and I know several people who HAVE used it, with great
success...

"headliner" has the issue of GRAVITY pulling on it.  The side panels for
the doors, etc, aren't hung the way a headliner is.  Thus, the adhesive
doesn't have to be as "strong" say, as headliner adhesive would need to
be.

You are correct in the application process, but I'm not sure where the
big "problem" lies.  So you apply it twice, and make sure it's really,
really, sticky before you clamp the pieces together... not that big of a
deal.

As for "heat".  I'm in southern california, and my car has been through
weeks of ridiculous heat (over 110 degrees) without any of the vinyl
loosening from the backer board.

The 3M stuff worked great for me....

Eddie