Re: [Roadsters] Adhesive recommendation

To: "E Scanlon" <escanlon@wa-net.com>, "Steve Harvey"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Adhesive recommendation
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:01:11 -0600
The 3M product I have used with success is Super Weatherstrip Adhesive,
Product 8008.  The directions say to apply to both surfaces and allow to
partially dry, but I have never found that necessary.

When I have attached interior vinyl trim to the backer board, I applied all
of the glue to the backside of the backer board at the edges where the
material overlaps.  The trim was not glued to the inside surface (front) at
all.

I also used the 3M product to attach the vinyl trim to the header on my top,
the top to the header, and all of the weatherstrip.  Formerly, the product
was only available in yellow, which meant clean-up time for those "oops"
areas.  Now, though, it is available in black, so a little oozing around the
edges of weatherstrips is not as important.

Gary