[Roadsters] OT: Street Legal Bumper Cars

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT: Street Legal Bumper Cars
From: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:59:54 +0000 (UTC)
Forwarding....too cool not to share.

STREET LEGAL BUMPER CARS It's easy for a gear-head to be discouraged about the
state of the world, especially in times of Carpocalypse and Cash for Clunkers.
But occasionally, a bright light of awesome renews the spirit. Road-legal
bumper cars do just that.

Yes, you read that right; these little beasties are street legal. Either
Kawasaki or Honda motorcycle engines for power, and retired vintage bumper car
bodies - transformed into the most awesome form of mini-car we've ever seen.

There's seven of these little monsters floating around California, and they're
all the creation of one man, Tom Wright, a gyro-gear loose builder on the
outskirts of San Diego who figured the leftovers of the Long Beach Pike
amusement park needed a more dignified end than the trash heap. They were
originally powered by Harley engines but rattled like heck and Tom replace them
with Honda or Kawasaki 750's... and a couple have been 'measured' [not run at]
theoretically as capable of 160 MPH which is terrifyingly fast in machines with
such a short wheelbase. Doesn't mean we would totally rock one should the
opportunity present itself. In fact, we now have only one burning desire, to
see these things running a go kart track with a clown in the drivers seat.

See them here:

http://the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13292

Enjoy The Ride!