Re: [Roadsters] suspension teardown notes,

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] suspension teardown notes,
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 22:10:28 -0800
I too have the same dilemma - on all the fittings - upper,lower balls, idler
arms joints, a flat 'washer' with holes. No way of knowing if they were inside
the rubber or outside - cos the rubber was trashed. They certainly had a
purpose - but what and where do they go - inside or outside. Logically it
would seem that when you have compressed rubber 'rotating' boots, there would
be something to reduce the friction to minimise trashing the boot - but why
the holes - and they are relatively slender/thin. On the lowers that I got
from Linda's endeavour, they fit nicely in a 'depression' in the rubber boot.
Inquiring minds need to know since I am in the same space as Fergus -
rebuilding the front end.

So info, insight would be apreciated

Thx'

Peter (eliza)