[Roadsters] fuel starvation

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] fuel starvation
From: Toby B <RacerY@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:18:32 -0700
Yeah, that sounds like what happened to me when the PO removed the
restrictor valve, too.  I'd look at that while you're looking for air leaks...

One other thing- do you have a fuel filter ahead of the pump?
I've had (funny, a Volvo, too) a car that had crud in the tank.
It'd run for a while, then a bit of crud would get into the pump and
wedge the valves in it open, and I'd starve for fuel.  Often, a bit of cranking
would get it going again, only to have it happen a few miles later.

I put a filter in front of the pump, and never had a problem again.  I don't
think I ever even changed that filter...

hth,

Toby

"I put what should have been a good fuel pump on the 2000 last
weekend. After strong running for a couple dozen miles--in town and
freeway--I was on an uphill and started to lose power. After pulling
around a corner onto a flat area, the car started back up and I was
able to drive home.

Connie commented that I was on an uphill when I was stranded the first
time a few weeks ago."