Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Speedi-Sleeve #?

To: "Daryl Smith" <drlsmith@dccnet.com>, "Datsun Roadster List"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Fw: Speedi-Sleeve #?
From: "MH" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 09:31:37 -0500
They aren't cheap, but according to info from one source, (can't put my
finger on it directly) they were designed to "reduce down time for fleet
vehicles", like busses, etc.

If I can find the info, I'll post it. You can also find these sleeves, on
Amazon.com at pretty good prices. I paid $34 for the 99177 to fix a
persistent leak at the differential pinion yoke. The PO had replaced the
Nissan seal (which is nearly 1/2" wide) with the more standard and commonly
available "lip" type seal, very narrow, like a knife edge. There was a
groove worn in the yoke. A new Nissan seal reduced the seapage, but didn't
completely eliminate it until I installed the sleeve.

I've also used one of these sleeves on my tandem axle boat trailer. I had
spun a bearing, worn the race down to a razor blade, and grooved the axle
beyond useablity. The sleeve fixed it right up.
Mike Hudson