Re: [Roadsters] Unsticking an engine (was: Second Posting)

To: "May, Frank" <Frank.L.May@umsl.edu>, "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Unsticking an engine (was: Second Posting)
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 20:48:35 -0500
Frank,

I recommend you find another machinist.  You needn't care about the
condition of the pistons, since you're not going to re-use them anyway.  You
should be able to take the motor to your rebuilder and expect he'll solve
the frozen engine problem.

There's a long block on eBay which the seller calims has been rebuilt.  If
you can satisfy yourself that he is offering a solid product, it will be a
lot less expensive than starting from scratch with your seized motor.

Gary