Re: [Roadsters] Unsticking an engine (was: Second Posting)

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Unsticking an engine (was: Second Posting)
From: "May, Frank" <Frank.L.May@umsl.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:25:24 -0500
I plan to tear it down and have a machinist do a rebuild.  He has agreed to do
the labor; I supply the parts he needs.  However, he wants the pistons free
before I turn the motor over to him.

Top of the motor under the valve/cam cover looks good.  The only rust is see
is a spot on the cover about the size of a dime, and it's only surface.  I
suspect most cars which are run every day have more.  I guess that's a good
sign.

Pepsi contains phosphoric acid which attacks iron oxide without attacking iron
metal.  It's the active ingredient in many rust inhibitor products.  Thanks
for the advice for a cheap alternative.....

Frank
Frank.L.May@umsl.edu
SRL311-12936