[Roadsters] Wind Deflectors

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Wind Deflectors
From: Chris Davies <fairlady_67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 20:15:33 -0700
Hi.

   I've decided to come out of lurk mode and ask a question to my fellow
Roadsterites. Since finishing my restoration last year I drive the car as much
as possible from spring till fall. The only problem is that I live in northern
B.C. and that means driving in 50-70 degree temperatures a lot of the time. Of
course there isn't any point in driving a sports car with the top up.

   This brings me to the question of some kind of air deflector. I don't like
all that cold air blowing over the windshield and coming back to hit me in the
back of my neck. My wife won't even ride in the car because of this. And that
it messes up her hair. My car is a 67.5 but didn't come with any sun visors or
headrests. A buddy told me that the visors on his old vette deflected the air
quite well. Would this help at all on the Datsun? Another thought that I had
was to build a roll bar for the car and install a piece of lexan or something
between the two uprights and from the floor to the top of the bar. Anyone out
there do anything like this? A fellow in town with a Miata built something
along these lines out of wood with kind of mesh screen in the centre. He seems
to like it. I guess a set of Miata seats may help as they are high enough to
block the wind at your neck.

   I see that a lot of the new sports cars have things that install behind or
between the seats to stop all the wind. Some even appear to have power windows
that go up between the seats. Any and all thoughts and ideas would be greatly
appreciated. Pictures of what you have would also be great. I don't want to go
to all the trouble of building a roll bar and deflector if it won't work.

Thanks in advance

Chris Davies

Kitimat B.C.