[Roadsters] Question: Alternator Removal from Driver Side Engine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] Question: Alternator Removal from Driver Side Engine
From: <datsundawg@sc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 7:40:07 -0400
I have to remove the alternator from my 66 and it is located on the bottom side
of the engine on the driver's side.  I tried to get to the bolts and could not
get to them without starting to think about taking things apart.  Seems like I
remember some dialogue on this a while back so if anyone can give me the low
down on how to accomplish it, what I have to remove, a link to a tech page,
etc. I would appreciate it.  I am hoping I do not have to go as far as to
remove the water pump, so any input is welcome so I can get back on the road.

Thanks
David
66 1600
67.5 1600 parts car (minus some parts and now the alternator)
70 1600 (still down to the frame and sitting as parts in my garage)