[Roadsters] OT - race weekend

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT - race weekend
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:46:19 -0400
  Sorry, no Nissans or Datsun on the track, but yesterday was the American
Lemans and today was the IRL and World Cup races at MidOhio.  The Lemans is
the fastest I've ever seen anything lap MidOhio and early on there was some
great racing but it dragged out a bit too long.  IRL is fast also, but I'm
not sure they can pass at all, . and it was a long race on a very hot day.

  But the World Cup race was great!  Acura, BMW, and Mazdas, all pretty
equal on the track.  Lots of lead changes.  Eventually one Mazda pulled
away, but second place was contested by the next 4 cars the entire race!
Made us forget about the heat (well the race and a big ice tea!).

  Biggest crowd I have ever seen in over 40 years at MidOhio, and the
traffic getting out proved it.  Thankfully we made up our own short cut back
to my place.  Thanks to my son for getting some free tickets at work (Honda)
and for letting me drive his Civic SI today.  Think Nissan will ever build a
nice little car again?  (And don't talk to me about the new SER!)

Paul

Ohio