Re: [Roadsters] timing obviously is everything

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] timing obviously is everything
From: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 19:09:44 +0000 (UTC)
Yes, that is the timing pointer.

Pete

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Mitchell" <edmitche@gmail.com>
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Sent: Thursday, August 6, 2009 10:53:20 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: [Roadsters] timing obviously is everything

Hi All,

Timing question.

On my timing cover. there's a fin. looks like a timing pointer to me for my
timing alignment. but maybe it's a fin to structurally support the timing
cover.

And the manual shows a pointer that comes up from behind the pulley... and over
the top of the belt channel (sorry if my verbiage isn't technically sound)

I've uploaded a picture of my madness (1st- two pics) at:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559322539UXctqG

And a picture of what the Datsun Manual shows (grainy but viewable)

And if the pointer is missing? What to do? What to do?

Thanks

Ed Mitchell

Las Cruces, NM

1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600 - SPL311-12761