[Roadsters] timing obviously is everything

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] timing obviously is everything
From: "Ed Mitchell" <edmitche@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 11:53:20 -0600
Hi All,

Timing question.

On my timing cover.there's a fin.looks like a timing pointer to me for my
timing alignment.but maybe it's a fin to structurally support the timing
cover.

And the manual shows a pointer that comes up from behind the pulley...and
over the top of the belt channel (sorry if my verbiage isn't technically
sound)

I've uploaded a picture of my madness (1st- two pics) at
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559322539UXctqG

And a picture of what the Datsun Manual shows (grainy but viewable)

And if the pointer is missing?  What to do?  What to do?

Thanks

Ed Mitchell

Las Cruces, NM

1967.5 Datsun Roadster 1600 - SPL311-12761