[Roadsters] colour of car in Japan pics?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] colour of car in Japan pics?
From: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 15:54:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hello all,

Last Thursday a list member posted pics from a Roadster event in Japan -
thanks for that! I'm hoping that someone on the list can identify a paint
colour on one of those cars. It's the one that appears to be silvery-blue,
has the license plate "3-11", with aftermarket wheels. Don't confuse this
with another car that also has a 3-11 license plate that appears to be
silver - that one has the stock hub-caps. There's another blue car with
the plate "3-10", but this is a baby blue colour.

I think the baby-blue colour on 3-10 is known as "Sora Blue", is that
correct?
Is the 3-11 car with the mags really a silvery-blue, or is it metallic
silver and the blueish tint is just an illusion in the photo, maybe as the
sun was setting?

The first Roadster I ever saw when I was a kid in the '70s appeared to be
a silvery-blue, and I'm still in search of this colour. At this point I'm
thinking that the colour I remember doesn't exist (as a stock colour) and
it was really a metallic-silver car that appeared silvery-blue because of
the haze of dirt that had settled on it from years of sitting outdoors. I
checked the colour chart on the Datsun.org site and neither sora blue nor
turquoise seem to be it. The car I'm talking about in the pics from Japan
is the closest I've ever seen to the colour I remember from my childhood,
...but maybe it's not a stock colour?

Thoughts and opinions?

-Brian
Toronto