Re: [Roadsters] 1600 v 2000?

To: matt@vander-bend.com, gsm@gregorysmorrison.com,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] 1600 v 2000?
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 18:25:04 EDT
Hey kiddies - apparently you are a novice when it comes to the entire  series
of roadsters.  My best example is a gymkhana back in 1972, when I  ran my
dad's '70 240 Z in E production, my friend's '68 2000 in D production and  my
'64
1500 in E Production.  Best time in all three went to the 1500 by a  good two
seconds.  The 1500 has better bottom end torque and gets off  the line and
through the course faster.  Yes the 240 and 2000 has higher  top end, but ask
the guys in WYCROC about the little red single carb 1500 out on  rides as the
car passes up the 1600's with ease.

Also, I wouldn't turn my 17 year old loose with a 2000, so he is driving  the
1600, and loving it.  If the 2000 was so great, why was there only  15,000
compared to 20,000 1600 sold originally?  Give me a good running  1500 and
some
good gymkhana courses and I'll blow your doors off.  Or  better yet, just
give me a good running roadster compared to the other junk on  the road anyday.

ENJOY THE ROADSTER RIDE.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-00161C (Single  Carb)
1963 SPL310-00289B (Single Carb)
1964 SPL310-01289
1969  SRL311-12536 (licensed as '70)
1970 SPL311-28169

In a message dated 3/20/2008 2:54:46 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,