[Roadsters] Advice on Wheels and Tire combos

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Advice on Wheels and Tire combos
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 15:20:38 -0400
My 70 SRL project is progressing to the point where I need to find some
tires.  Recent posts about tires have helped spur me into action - so thanks
for that. There's still about a foot of snow on the ground here in NY but
it's melting (slowly) so no big rush.

I am liking the Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS recommended by Gordon (based on
Tirerack survey info). I am running the Yoko's on my other roadster and
figured I would give the Bridgestones a try.

I spent about an hour on 311s org and I couldn't find what I was looking for
- at least not in enough detail to give me confidence to spend a few hundred
on new tires. At one time I read on 311s.org that almost any Z-car wheel
would fit on the roadster but I can't seem to find that content on the site
anymore.

Here's what I have to work with:

A set of Konig rewind 14x7 from a 240Z (-9mm offset I believe).  - If I go
with these, what size tire would fit on the roadster? I think I have to go
to a 205 series go get out to the 7" rim width - any tire advice for these
wheels?  I think people are running these based on some pics and info on
311s but the site was not clear on offsets and tire sizes.

A set of Appliance Mesh 14x6 wheels - again from a 240Z (offset???)  - I am
leaning toward these wheels because I think they will fit better (although I
like the look of the rewinds better). I am liking a 195/60-14 or 185/60-14
for these.

Any advice how to measure the offset? Being an EE, I was never very good
with the mechanical measurements except basic stuff like rulers or calipers

Last choice is the stock steelies with the stock dog dish hub caps - I would
run the 175/70-14's on these.

I apologize if this info is readily available on 311s and I am too lame to
find it - I just couldn't get enough details from the time I spent looking -
I  figured you all would help me out.

Thanks

Joe