[Roadsters] mirror removal

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] mirror removal
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 15:41:48 -0700
Has anyone successfully removed the mirror glass from the mirror on a
dash mounted rear view?.  I had a couple of mirrors re chromed.  I
disassembled them first, breaking the mirrors in the process.  Neither
mirror was in salvageable condition so I wasn't concerned.  I've since
had difficulty finding automotive mirror material locally and had to use
regular mirror glass in my restoration piece.  I'm told the auto glass
is not 100% reflective, letting some light pass through so the driver
isn't blinded by headlights at night.  Now I have a mirror in poor
condition but with a good mirror glass that I'd like to salvage and put
in my re chromed piece.  I'd rather not destroy the mirror casing but
will sacrifice it to get the mirror out intact.  Sorry for the rambling
??  Thanks

Gary Tew
Peoria, AZ
VG30 1600